If you have Failed your matric examination and you would like to apply for 2024 The Second Chance Matric Rewrite/ Upgrade applications heres how you can do it in South Africa.
The Second Chance Matric Programme of the Department of Basic Education provides support to learners who want to rewrite subjects. It helps them to meet the requirements of the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or Senior Certificate (SC) and obtain a Grade 12 matric certificate.
What you will need
- Valid RSA ID number
- Previous examinations number
- Valid email address
How to Register to rewrite your matric/Grade 12
- Step 1 click here to register online https://www.education.gov.za/Curriculum/SeniorCertificate/SCRegistration.aspx
- Email: [email protected]
- WhatsApp: +27 63 696 7246 (Administration related. No voice notes)
- WozaMatrics WhatsApp: 061 505 3023 (Subject-related queries
Who qualify for admission to the Senior Certificate
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older who have:
- a General Education and Training Certificate (GETC); or
- a Grade 9 school report (or the old standard seven). stating that they have passed Grade 9 or Standard 7; or
- a recognised equivalent qualification obtained at NQF Level which requires two official languages.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete Senior Certificate qualification.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete National Senior Certificate
- Only in exceptional cases, out of school youth, who are 18-21 years old and who could not complete their school education due to circumstances beyond their control, as verified by the Head of Department in the Provincial Education Department.
- Adult candidates who are 21 years and older with an incomplete NSC may choose to complete the NSC, or convert to the Senior Certificate. Should the candidate choose to convert to the Senior Certificate, they may not revert to the NSC and attempt to complete the NSC qualification.
- Adult candidates who have already obtained a qualification but wish to improve their results/status.
Last updated : 23 July 2023