Apple has Announced the realise of the new iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max which features a 48MP Main camera.
Additional pro camera system upgrades and features include:
- A new 12MP Ultra Wide camera with 1.4 µm pixels, which delivers sharper images with more detail, improving already powerful macro photography capabilities.
- An improved Telephoto camera that offers 3x optical zoom.
- A new front TrueDepth camera with an ƒ/1.9 aperture that enables better low-light performance for photos and video. Using autofocus for the first time, it can focus even faster in low light and capture group shots from farther away.
- A new Adaptive True Tone flash that has been completely redesigned with an array of nine LEDs that change pattern based on the chosen focal length.
- Powerful computational photography benefits like Night mode, Smart HDR 4, Portrait mode with Portrait Lighting, Night mode Portrait photos, Photographic Styles to personalize the look of every photo, and Apple ProRAW.
- A new Action mode for incredibly smooth-looking video that adjusts to significant shakes, motion, and vibrations, even when video is being captured in the middle of the action.
- Cinematic mode, now available in 4K at 30 fps and 4K at 24 fps.
- Pro-level workflows for video, including ProRes3 and end-to-end Dolby Vision HDR.
“Our customers count on their iPhone every day, and with iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max, we’re delivering more advancements than any other iPhone. iPhone 14 Pro introduces a camera system that empowers every user — from the casual user to the professional — to take their best photos and video, and innovative new technologies like the Always-On display and the Dynamic Island, which offers new interactions for notifications and activities,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “Groundbreaking safety capabilities bring users even more security, offering help when they need it most. And with the incredibly powerful and efficient A16 Bionic chip and all-day battery life, this is the best iPhone yet.”
Pricing and availability
All four iPhone 14 models will be available for pre-order in the US from 9 September.
The iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max will start shipping on 16 September 2022, while the iPhone 14 Plus will be available from 7 October 2022.
The iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus will start at $799 and $899 for the 128GB models.
The iPhone 14 Pro will carry a starting price tag of $999, while the iPhone 14 Pro Max will set buyers back no less than $1,099.
South African availability, launch dates, and pricing for the iPhone 14 series are yet to be confirmed.
Below are the specifications and images of the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models.