O.R. Tambo District Municipality: Internship Programme 2022
The O.R. Tambo District Municipality invite all graduates who meet the set criteria below to apply for the Internship Programme.
The purpose of the programme is to assist graduates to obtain practical experience, afford an opportunity to familiarise themselves with the working environment, to enable them to apply the theoretical knowledge acquired to the world of work and enhance chances of employabilty.
The following Internship Opportunities are open for applications:
Unit: Water Sewices Provision
• Qualification: Mechanical Engineering / Millwright
Unit: Project Management
• Qualification: Civil Engineering
Unit: Transports Management
• Qualification: Transport Management
Unit: Sports, Arts , Culture and Heritage, Libraries & Education
• Libraries and Information
• Sports Management
Unit: Community Safety
• Community Safety
• Community Development
Unit: Social Development
• Qualification: Social Science / Social Work
Unit: Municipal Health Services
• Qualification: Horticulture
Unit: Tourism Development and Marketing
• Qualification: Tourism Development / Management
• Public Relations
• Graphie Design
Unit: Corporate Performance
• Qualification: Internal Auditing / Monitoring & Evaluation
Unit: Risk Management
• Qualification: Internal Auditing / Risk Management
Unit: Intergovernmental Governmental Relations
• Qualification: Publi Adminiation / Developmental studies
Unit: Internal Auditing
• Qualification: Internal Auditing
Unit: Human Resource Management and System Control
• Qualification: Human Resource Management
Unit: Human Resource Development
• Qualification: Human Resource Development / ODETOP
Unit: Employee Wellness
• Qualification: Industrial Psychology
Unit: Records, Archives and Records Management
• Qualification: Archives and Records Management
Unit: Organisational Development
• Qualification: Organisational Development / Human Resource Management
Unit: Information and Communication Technology
• Qualification: Information and Communication Technology
Unit: Council and Committies
• Qualification: Public Management
Unit: Public Participation
• Qualification: Public Relations
• Qualification: Public Administration
• Qualification: Political Science
Unit: Human Setlements
• Qualification: Building / Quantity Surveying / Construction Management
Unit: SPU / Policy Research & Dev / Mayoral Branding and Support
• Public Relations
• Political Science
• Public Administration
Please note: Applicants:
• Must be between the ages of 18 – 35 years
• Must be South African citizens.
• Must have never participated in an internship programme before
A monthly stipend of R5000.00 will be paid to Successful candidates.
How to Apply
How to Apply
All applicants must submit an application accompanied by certified copies of qualifications, CV, driver’s licence, ID copy and a brief covering letter (For each Departmental unit and Area of specialisation you are applying for) stating the unit and area of specialisation/qualification, Failure to submit the documents listed above will result in disqualification.
- Failure to submit the documents listed above will result in disqualification.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and disclose the nature of their disability.
- In your application letter please indicate the source of media you have seen the post on
- Faxed/emailed applications will not be considered
The words “APPLICATION FOR INTERNSHIP” should appear on the same side of ‘but separate from the address in the same envelope so as to sensitise the Registry Office to the closing date.
Please address your application to:
The Acting Director: Corporate Services, O.R. District Municipality
Private Bag x 6043,
Hand delivered to: the Registry Office at Magwa House, Nelson Mandela Drive, Mithatha.
NB. If the applicant has not been notified of the results within three (3) months or (90) days from the closing date, the applicant should regard his/her application as unsuccessful.
For any enquiries contact the Human Resources Department on the following Telephone numbers: 047 537 7211/12/13/02/08/14/15