South African Police Service Announce new police officers learnership trainee programme for 2024. SAPS hereby request unemployed South African citizen between the Age of 35-18 years to apply for an exciting learning opportunity.
The Department South African Police Service is responsible for fighting crime and keeping the South Africa citizen Safe.
Education ,benefit ,Responsibilities and Requirements
Stipends / Salary
- Institution Phase (Basic Training): R4500 per month
- Probation Phase (After Training): R216 033 per annum
The core functions of the posts, on successful completion of the training, are as follows:
- Prevent, combat and investigate crime;
- Maintain public order;
- Protect and secure the inhabitants of the Republic and their property;
- Uphold and enforce the law
The Programme shall consist of 3 phases:
- Induction Phase: One (1) month at a designated police station;
- Basic Training Phase: Eight (8) months Basic Training at a designated SAPS Academy
- Probation Phase: After successful completion of the Induction and the Basic Training Phases, the police trainee shall be appointed as a member of the Service undergoing
the Workplace Exposure Programme (12 months).
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Muts have a Grade 12 certificate or equivalent qualification
- Be proficient in at least English and one other official language;
- Must be between 18 and 35 years of age
Learn How to apply for SAPS Learnership
Applications can be forwarded online at any police station before 30 August 2023 [ Click here to view pdf]
police officers learnership Questions and Answer
Are SAPS applications open for 2024?
Yes applications can be submitted at any police station BEFORE 31 AUGUST 2023.
How do i apply for the SAPS training college in 2023?
Applications can only be submitted at any local police station not college
How much does South African Police Services pay during college
Institution Phase (Basic Training): R4500 per month
Probation Phase (After Training): R216 033 per annum