Sassa clients increase R480 with R240 top up bring it to R720 child Grant ( See how to apply for child support Grant increase ) The South African Social Security Agency ( Sassa ) distributes around 18 million permanent social grants monthly. These permanent grants include the Older Persons Grant, Disability Grant, Child Support grant, Foster Care Grant, Grant in Aid, War Veterans Grant, and the Care Dependency grant.
Millions of South Africans rely on social grants provided by the government to purchase basic goods and services monthly. Sassa recently announced about Child Support grant during the MediaBriefing here’s everything you need to know.
Who Qualify for R240 child Support Grant top up
- child must be an orphan and an affidavit with such information must be provided.
- Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- The primary care giver must be a South African citizen, permanent resident or refugee.
- Both the applicant and the child must reside in South Africa.
- The applicant must be the primary care giver of the child/ children concerned.
- The child/children must be under the age of 18 years
- The applicant and spouse must meet the requirements of the means test.
- An applicant can not apply for more than six non biological children.
- The child can not be cared for in state institution.
How to apply for sassa Child support Grant R720
Applications can be made online via https://services.sassa.gov.za OR at any sassa offices
Posted dates: 11 November 2022