- Reference Number : refs/008888
- Directorate : SECURITY MANAGEMENT
- Number of Posts : 5
- Package : R 122 595.00 to R 144 411.00 per annum (Plus benefits)
- Enquiries : ENQUIRIES: Mr. Moreroa, Tel No: (012) 318 6900 closing date 8 June 2021 @12pm
- Grade 10 with 3-5 years’ experience or Grade 12 with 1-2 years’ security experience. (original certified school report of not more than 6 months). A valid Grade C PSIRA certificate. Twelve (12) months proven experience in a hospital environment will be an added advantage. A valid driver’s licence will be an added advantage. Ability to work under pressure, independently and with a team. Willingness to rotate, work shifts (including weekends and public holidays) and extended hours. Knowledge of the Firearm Control Act, Control of Access to public Premises and Vehicles Act, PSIRA Act and Trespass Act. Knowledge in dealing with the public. Ability to communicate well with people at different levels and from different backgrounds. High level of reliability. Ability to handle confidential information. Sound verbal and written communication skills. Good telephone etiquette and interpersonal skills. Should not have a criminal record. Knowledge and application of the Batho-Pele Principles.
- Guarding and patrolling. Ensure that all visitors and members of staff vehicles are parked at appropriate parking bays. Searching of missing or absconded patients. Fire prevention, reporting of defects, safe guarding and securing of hospital assets, members of staff and the public. Check around the buildings at regular intervals for suspicious persons, objects and report incidents to the Chief Security Officer. Access control and searching of both vehicles and pedestrians. Operate and maintain security equipment and systems. Escort patients, visitors and contractors. Assist with queue management. Assist with the restraining of patients. Clamping of incorrectly parked vehicles. Implementation of security policies and procedures. Perform other duties as allocated by the Chief Security Officer.
Applications must be submitted to: Kalafong Provincial Tertiary Hospital, Human Resource Department, Private Bag X396, Pretoria, 0001. Hand Delivery at Kalafong Security Gate and sign in register book or apply online at www.gautengonline.gov.za. PLEASE NOTE: The Public Service does not charge any fees for applying for posts. Should you be asked for a fee, please let the authorities know.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Kalafong Provincial Tertiary Hospital
Closing Date : 08-06-2021