Company Hiring : South African Police Service
Salary: Market Related
Job Title: Traineeship / Internship 2022
Internship Location Country: South Africa
Internship Location Province: Mpumalanga, Western Cape, Eastern Cape. ,Free State, Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal ,Limpopo, Mpumalanga ,Northern Cape.,North West.
Act of Appointment: SAPS Act, 1995 (Act No 68 of 1995).
Reference Number: Graduate 2022/2023
The following Traning Programmes are available:
Phase 1: Basic Training (9 months)
• Basic Training at a Training Academy as a Police Trainee
• Stipend: R4500 per month
Phase 2: Probation (12 months)
• After successful completion of Basic Training – will be appointed to the rank of Constable
Requirements: Applicants must:
• Be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate / National Certificate (Vocational)
• Degree / Diploma in any field of study (minimum 3 year National Diploma/Degree) recorded on the National Learners’ Record Database on NQF level 6 or higher;
• Be fluent in at least two of the official languages, of which one must be English;
• Between eighteen (18) and under thirty (30) years of age
• Have no previous criminal convictions or pending criminal cases and shall allow his or her fingerprints to be taken and background enquiries to be made, and found to be suitable
• Not have any tattoo marks of which will be visible and/or irreconcilable with the objectives of the Service;
• Be prepared to take the oath of office;
• Complete and pass a medical examination;
• Complete and pass a physical fitness assessment;
• Undergo a psychological and Integrity assessment as determined by the National Commissioner and be found to comply with the profile of a police official;
• Be prepared to undergo such training as determined by the National Commissioner;
• Be prepared to serve and be trained anywhere in the Republic of South Africa
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be attached together with the application form.
- Please attach Copies of ID, Senior Certificate / National Senior Certificate / National Certificate(Vocational) and all educational qualifications (Degree / Diploma) obtained and academic record must be attached, service certificates of previous employers (where applicable), motor vehicle driver’s license (optional). The Copies Do Not Have to be Certified.
Applications must be Posted or Hand delivered timeously at the address indicated below. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
- Postal Address: Provincial Commissioner South African Police Service Private Bag X 9004 Cape Town 8000
- Physical Adress: Applications can be hand delivered at: 1st Floor, Customs House Building, Lower Heerengracht Street, Cape Town
- Postal Address: Provincial Commissioner Recruitment & Staffing South African Police Service Private Bag X7471 King Williams Town 5601
- Physical Adress: Applications can be hand delivered at: Recruitment & Staffing (Re-enlistments), SAPS Provincial Head Office: Eastern Cape, Old Griffiths Mxenge Building, Buffalo Street, Zwelitsha, 5600
- Postal Address: The Provincial Head Human Resource Management: Recruitment Office Private Bag X 5001 Kimberley 8300
- Physical Adress: Applications can be hand delivered at: Lewende Hawe Building, 19 George Street (locked silver container at entrance), Kimberley
- Postal Address: Provincial Commissioner South African Police Service Private Bag 20501 Bloemfontein 9300
- Physical Adress: Applications can be hand delivered at: No 126 Charlotte Maxeke Street ,Metpol Building, 5th floor :Room 518 ,Bloemfontein or posted to: PC: Free State, Personnel Management, Private Bag X20501, Bloemfontein , 9301 Att: The Recruitment Centre
- Postal Address: Provincial Commissioner South African Police Service P/Bag X57, Braamfontein, 2017
- Physical Adress: Applications can be hand delivered at: SAPS Provincial Head Office, Gauteng Province, 16 Empire Road, Parktown, Johannesburg, 2193
- Postal Address: The Provincial Head Personnel Management Private Bag X 9428 Polokwane 0700
- Physical Adress: Applications can be hand delivered at: 44 Schoeman Street Landbank Building Polokwane 0700 or posted to the Provincial Head(as given)
- Postal Address: The Provincial Commissioner South African Police Service Private Bag X801 Potchefstroom 2520
- Physical Adress: Applications can be hand delivered at: 2nd floor Wespol Building: Corner Nelson Mandela and Peter Mokaba Street.
- Postal Address: The Provincial Head: Personnel Management Recruitment & Staffing: Private Bag X 11299 Nelspruit, 1200
- Physical Adress: Applications can be hand delivered at: The Provincial Office, Recruitment and Staffing, South African Police Service, Ehmke Street No. 04, Nelspruit next to Mlondolozi house.
- Postal Address: Provincial Commissioner South African Police Service P O BOX 1965 Durban 4000
- Physical Adress: Applications can be hand delivered to 6 TH Floor, Servamus Building ,Room 619/620 15 Bram Fischer Road, Durban or posted to: the Recruitment Office SA Police Service, P O BOX 1965,Durban,4000
- The Criminal Law (Forensic Procedures) Amendment Act, Act 37 of 2013 requires that all new appointments in the South African Police Service as from 31st of January 2015 provide a buccal (inside cheek) sample in order to determine their forensic DNA profile. The forensic DNA profile derived from the sample will be loaded to the Elimination Index of the National Forensic DNA Database.
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening, reference checking and fingerprint verification.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful applicants only and if you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Successful applicants will be expected to undergo the Basic Police Development Training Programme as prescribed by the National Commissioner.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof
- All applicants will be subjected to a physical fitness assessment and are expected to conform to the Body Mass Index of less than 30 or Waist circumference ≤ 102 cm (males) and ≤ 88 cm (females), psychometric and integrity testing as well as medical evaluation, and will be interviewed during the recruitment, selection and enlistment process. The SAPS will also verify the criminal records, qualifications, driver’s license, citizenship and residential address of each applicant.