Transnet learnership opportunity in Trainee Train Assistant. Unemployed South African are hereby requested to apply for an exciting learnerships opportunity.
What you will need
- Sign on duty at designated work place and be allocated duties to be performed for the duration of the shift
- Prepare locomotives
- Prepare communication equipment
- Performs the pre-trip preparation of the Locomotives and the whole Train prior the departure to adhere to roadworthiness and train working rules and safety standards
- Execute shunting activities in sidings and enroute according to directives to enhance safe working procedures
- Assist the train driver enroute to ensure the safe movement of the train from a required point to the destination, without
- delays or damage to locomotives, wagons, infrastructure track and other equipment, to ensure predictable service
- Comply to safety standards and laid down instruction to ensure that he is well motivated and competent
- Provide accurate feedback timeously to the Train Driver regarding any incidents and deviations along the route
- Assist in performing various administration duties
- Complete the Train journal and submit to the Section manager at sign-off after every shift to ensure timeous and accurate
- processing of monthly salary
- Grade 12 with pure Mathematics and/or Physical Science Functional Training
- Be prepared to successfully undergo Train Assistant duties (theoretical and practical) so as to be certified to work independently as a Train Assistant.
- Be prepared to undergo periodic medical surveillance and safety behavioural risk assessments during the selection process and every 12 months
- Physical hearing, vision, mental, fitness (to be verified through medical tests and related safety behavioural reassessments)
- The operator shall not allow employees younger than 21 years of age to undertake train driver or train control duties. (SANS 3000, par 126.96.36.199)
How to apply for Transnet Train Assistant learnership
More like this
- sibanye stillwater Engineering learnerships opportunity
- Buco Learnerships for matriculate 2023
- WeThinkCode: Learnerships 2023
- Grade 12 : PMC learnerships 2023
- x6 learnerships post at Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Published dates : Monday ,31 July 2023 | Application due dates: Thursday, 04 August, 2023.
Article Category : | 2023 Learnerships in Beaufort West.