The Joburg Market recently published a new exciting entry level cashier job opportunity for 3 people who are looking to kick start a career in the South Africa Government sector.
Applications should be completed before vacancy deadline: 12 February 2024 at 12:00.
According to The Joburg Market is a “South Africa’s major centre for the marketing of fresh produce. It is also the largest fresh produce market in Africa. It deals in fruit, vegetables, meat, fish and general groceries, most of them on sale to the public at wholesale prices.”
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and receipt various payments and other cash transactions; verify and post to appropriate accounts; issue receipts.
- Enter total cash into SPS system to calculate total cash received.
- Count money, give change, and issue receipts for funds received.
- Keep cashier area neat and stocked with necessary supplies.
- Prepare cash receipts for bank deposit.
- Prepare daily cash reports and balance the cash drawer.
- Balance/reconcile cash daily and petty cash voucher receipts daily,
- investigate and resolve any out-of-balance problems.
- Process/verify daily cashier cash transfers.
- Maintain electronic files necessary to generate daily reports.
- Provide information to patrons regarding rules, policies, and procedures related to cash transactions.
- Direct patrons to proper offices for problem resolution beyond cashier’s information.
- Facilitate the handover of daily takings with CIT officers.
- Monitor cash when counted by the internal bank in the counting house.
- Daily balancing with cashiering cashbook administrator at the end of the day.
- Allocate sundries payments (trolley, electricity, and rent).
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
if you meet requirements you can be email All CVs must include the following attachments: Cover Letter, certified copy
of ID, and supporting qualifications. to: [email protected]
Dee Neo, is a South African dynamic and creative individual who have a passion for content creation, love for reading, and Netflix. Her journey into content creation began as a hobby but quickly evolved into a full time Job at Youthspace.